Suitable for larger listening rooms or where high volumes are required, Mercury 7.4’s 44 litre twin-ported cabinet, dual 178 mm (7 inch) mid/bass drivers and refined 28 mm (1.1 inch) soft dome tweeter pack a mighty punch.
To further enhance imaging and produce the widest soundstage, the drivers are positioned in a D’Appolito driver configuration. By placing the tweeter centrally between the two bass/mid drivers, the speaker’s dispersion characteristics are smoothed through the critical crossover region resulting in a highly articulate musical performance on or off the loudspeaker’s main axis. This eliminates the traditional ‘sweet spot’ to deliver peak performance across more seats in your listening room.
As befits a flagship of any TANNOY loudspeaker series, the Mercury 7.4 boasts class leading peak power handling at 300 Watts and extremely high 93 dB/Watt efficiency making it suitable for the broadest range of partnering equipment.
• Nominal Impedance (Ohms): 8
• Frequency response (-6 dB): 32 Hz – 32 kHz
• Recommended amplifier power (Watts RMS): 20 - 150
• Continuous power handling (Watts RMS): 75
• Peak power handling (Watts): 300
• Sensitivity (2.83 Volts @ 1m): 93 dB
• Crossover Frequency: 2.4 kHz
• Crossover Type: Passive low loss 2nd order low pass, 3rd order high pass, bi-wired
• High frequency: 28 mm (1.1”) Nitro-urethane damped layer woven polyester dome, neodymium magnet system
• Low frequency: 178 mm (7”) Multi- fibre coated pulp paper cone x 2
• Enclosure type: Twin rear ported reflex
• Volume: 44.0 l
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 955 x 314.3 x 308 mm
• Net weight: 15.0 kg