Ideal for bookshelf placement, on a PC desk or in the bedroom, Mercury 7.1 gives little away to larger rivals by integrating a 127 mm (5 inch) mid/bass driver with the Mercury 7 series 28 mm (1.1 inch) tweeter in a rear-ported 4.7 litre cabinet.
Ideal for connecting to budget stereo amplifiers or amplified network streamers, the Mercury 7.1 boasts class-leading peak power handling of 160 Watts and high 87 dB efficiency to get the best from even the smallest amplifiers. Its Wideband frequency response from 53 Hz up to over 32 kHz makes Mercury 7.1 ideal for High Resolution Audio while retaining exceptional reserve for standard audio formats.
Available in walnut, light oak or black oak luxury wood grain effect finish, Mercury 7.1 is supplied with a full baffle grille in a dark cloth for a subtle look. The grille can be removed to show off the new driver technologies and mounting detail as well as the tweeter’s integrated TANNOY badge. Each speaker is supplied with energy-absorbing rubber feet and foam port bungs to tailor bass output to your room.
• Crossover Frequency: 3.4 kHz
• Crossover Type: Passive low loss 2nd order low pass, 3rd order high pass
• Recommended amplifier power (Watts RMS): 20 - 80
• Continuous power handling (Watts RMS): 40
• Peak power handling (Watts): 160
• Sensitivity (2.83 Volts @ 1m): 87 dB
• Nominal Impedance (Ohms): 8
• Frequency response (-6 dB): 53 Hz – 32 kHz
• High frequency: 28 mm (1.1”) Nitro-urethane damped layer woven polyester dome, neodymium magnet system
• Low frequency: 127 mm (5”) Multi- fibre coated pulp paper cone
• Enclosure type: Rear ported reflex
• Volume: 4.7 l
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 270.0 x 160.0 x 194.7 mm
• Net weight: 2.7 kg